Monday, March 24, 2008

Dart Tournament Team Shirts

Completed 5 April 2008


Ray's shirt back design.


Completed 6 April 2008


Kris' shirt back design.


Dart throwin' surfer dude!?! Detail of T-shirt design.


Went to Round Table Pizza for a late lunch on Friday - 21 March. While ordering, my girl & I got to talking to the manager, and found out she needed some shirts for a dart compitition comming up in a few weeks. Before we left, I did a quick sketch for her on a paper napkin. She liked it and placed the order on the spot.

She wanted a guy on a surf board throwing darts, with "Along For th' Ride" as the team name.
Of course, the city and state are @ the bottom.

I've always liked it, so I used the Japanees painting of the tsunami wave as the basis for the wave in this design. A hot dog surfer on th' end of his stick, hangin' 10 and throwin' darts is the key character [see 5th photo from top in this post], and to go along with the - Along for th' Ride - theme, I stuck a hich hiking crustation on th' side, complete with his own can of "SUDZ BEER!"

No comments: