Saturday, November 8, 2008

Old kit art makes a come back !

Back in early summer, I met a girl that really wanted the original sketch I did of this. I am working on a re-pop of the kit, (Limited edition No. 2,398 of 2,500. ) and wanted to see what the modifications I was planning for it would look like - so I did a drawing of it. To cut to th' chase, she was begging me for it !



Due to the fact that I was not finished using th' sketch/rough drawing, I promised her I would draw her one of her very own when I got finished with the original.


Well, while I was back down south in September, I had a chance to make good my promise. This was about the only thing I had a chance to work on for the whole 3 weeks, this and the hot rod pepper. That was a real bummer, because I wanted to get some of my earlier commitments going, but I'm working on them now. If you look at this in the large format you will notice the copyright date for the kit, it is actually supposed to be 1965. What was I thinking?





Anyway, I was hoping she would like it when I gave it to her...





And, she did!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, that looks great. That had to have taken alot of time and effort. This is Linda from the Hoback Store (worked the late shift during the weekend)enjoying sunny and warm Florida for the winter. Take care and keep warm, Linda

Tomie K. said...

OH MY FRIGGIN GOSH!!!!!!! that picture is so goofy of me. and yes! thankyou for the drawing. i do love it!