Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One moe fow th' Road !


The Nostalgia Car Club in Yuma, Arizona has some real sweet rodz. Mr. Statzer has a butter yellow, flamed `32 Ford Coupe. This is th' Finked out version I did of it. Sketch awaiting approval. Th' ink will flow when I hear, "Go!"


Monster Rod Jockey - I'm trying some different stuff with th ' drivers. Ed Newton did a LOT of work for Mr. Roth @ his Studio in May wood, Cal. in th' 60's. I don't ever want to be accused of "copying" someone else's art work - style maybe, but not an outright copy of some other dude's work. I want to capture th' "Ed Roth" finky feel of the old time shirt art though. There is a particular "fun" feel to the work produced by Roth Studios, and I want to keep that going. Good things don't HAVE to end !

Funky, highly modified Flat Head motor. I used 3 different photos to make this engine. I should be @ th' drawing table tomorrow - let you know what kind O' madness I come up with then... - RatzO